Friday, March 30, 2012

excited to learn

This weekend there is an RVL conference at my home church. We will be spending a couple days just learning more about the Bible and the Jewish perspective that Jesus had while he taught and lived here on earth. I've been to a couple before and I continually am getting more and more information, but I find that the more I learn, the more I realize that I don't know. The more I see how small I am and how big God it.

Last night we had a meeting with Ray for the Israel Trip coming up in about 2 months. It was exciting, there were lots of people there and it was a good time of conversation and learning. Ray shared a story of an encounter that he had with an Muslim guy while in his small vineyard. The man squished a grape and pointed out the two seeds inside the grape. With great challenge with the language barrier, the man finally communicated:
"I count seeds in grape, but only Allah (God) counts grapes in seeds." 

I can count the people at the conference, I can count the people in the youth group, the kids that come out, the lives that are changed, the perceived success, my grades in school, the papers to complete,  but I can only can count that. God counts more than that, his harvest spans what I cannot conceive. It is greatly humbling to see think that God knows the fruit of the seeds, He already knows what is going to come.

Every fruit bears seeds, I pray that I may bear plenty of fruit, plenty of seed that God can use.

No comments:

Post a Comment