Friday, August 30, 2013

Israel: Day 1

Arrived in Israel!

So I have arrived. The flight was long, the layover longer, but it was good. I left from Toronto Wednesday evening and arrived at the Warsaw Airport Thursday morning. I then had a 14 hour layover in Poland. The Poland airport isn't that big, and I don't speak Polish, so I got lots of reading done and some sleeping too. It was fairly relaxing. They have a room that is for relaxing. It has more comfortable chair and the repetitive announcements that all airports have are not broad-casted in there! 
 
After Poland it was a shorter flight to Tel Aviv and then an inter-city shuttle to get to Jerusalem. 

I arrived fairly early and have spent the day settling in and getting familiar with where things are. And taking a nap that ended up being five hours long instead of only one.....

This is the view from my room. That is a pomegranate tree that is there and some other citrus trees as well. I haven't figured out what they all are yet.


I have my own room, and it is a fairly large room as well! here are a couple pictures.




Blessings from Israel!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have time and energy to keep up your blog. It will be so nice to follow your adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to read about all your adventures in Israel. I'm sure you will learn a lot! Thanks for sharing some stories and pictures already.

    ReplyDelete