Friday, October 22, 2010

The Judgement

I randomly thought of a story a little while ago, so I wrote it down and saw when it went.
I like it when God gives me ideas that make me think about things in a different way.


The Judgment
I can't say how it exactly happened. It happened before I realized what was going on. I was standing there. Shame hung like a thick smog on a humid day over me. Every offense had been found out. Every effort I had made to hide them and avoid this had failed. The Judge stood, despair filled his face as he took upon me. He had no more choices, he was a just Judge and punishment had to be carried out.
He picked up the paper on the table between us and started reading. After about the twentieth charge I tuned out. Simple addition could not total the punishment I would have to receive. On the other hand I knew deep down the addition would come up to only one answer: complete separation, no chance of parole, death.
I was not far off. Actually I Was dead on. After everything had been said, I was lead, shaking with repentance, to the place where the consequence of my offenses and I would meet. I dread it.
I stood waiting. A crowd had followed, lead by the Judge. Those who had been place to give the punishment took their stands. I stood there.
Then, unexpectedly a man rushed forward, breaking through the barriers that were so rigidly in place. He moved towards me, directly to me. Then he wrapped his arms around me, just as the punishment began. He held me tight, I held my breath. Everything that was supposed to be for me, he took. All the pain and suffering I was deserving of. he took. I looked towards the crowd, bewilderment flooded everyone's faces. The Judge was shaking, crumpled on the ground, weeping.
The man, he laid on the ground, took a deep breath and let go. He died there. in my place. I knelt down, weeping from deep within. I don't know how long I was there, but when I looked up I was only one left with the judge and the body of the man. I stayed there longer, when the strangest thing happened, the man took a breath, then another slowly they grew stronger before I knew it, he was standing, embracing me. The Judge walk over, smiling more than ever, He looked at us, embraced ups, weeping.
He looked upon me and with gentle words he spoke, 'You are mine'

No comments:

Post a Comment